Monday, September 29, 2008

Clear and Present Visa

My visa to Australia has been processed and my flight has been changed to later tonight 11:50 pm PST or way way too late East Coast time. The visa process took a lot less time than what I have envisioned. I had already investigated potential jobs here in Carlsbad on the slim chance I would not be leaving for a month, but the visa Gods smiled kindly on this traveler and everything has worked out. It was ironic and somewhat bittersweet that my visa was granted on Monday, Sydney time at 10:30 am. Originally, Sam and I were scheduled to arrive at 7:30 so I could have come down with a wicked case of stomach cramps and loitered in the bathroom for 3 hrs until my visa became official. The plan had me all flushed. Foresight is 20/20 no?
I am excited to return to my Sydney life. Aside from being an experienced barman, I will go back to my other job as a prophesier of the future. What does this job entail Alex? Well, since I am technically a day ahead of you beginning on Wednesday, I have the ability to foresee how your Wednesday will go. I suspect I will receive more emails on Sunday your time to ascertain and how my Monday is going to fully prepare for the upcoming Monday in the States. Consider me the groundhog armed with more short term scheduling capabilities.
Therefore, starting Wednesday or for you stuck in the stone age Tuesday, I will update this blog every week and a half or sometimes earlier. Expect some exciting stories that revolve around my time with my Mom or that Australians prefer Carlton beer over Tooheys beer.
I also wanted to again send my love to everyone I saw over my past month that I was in the States. You can't measure how happy I was to see everyone again and really has made it a memorable trip.

No comments: